- Lexis®PSL In-house weekly highlights—30 March 2017
- In this issue:
- Headlines (News updates & analysis)
- Brexit: UK formally triggers Article 50
- In-house lawyers: ACC Chief Legal Officers 2017 survey—the talking points
- Advertising and marketing: CAP issues guidance on charitable collection bags
- Bribery and corruption: OECD calls on UK to ensure SFO is fully resourced to fight bribery
- Consumer protection: IMCO approves legislation on pan-EU consumer protection
- Consumer protection: Update on digital comparison tools market study published by CMA
- Contracts: Conflicting termination rights?
- Contracts: Supreme Court rules on contract interpretation: Textualism versus contextualism
- Construction law: Industry insight: NEC4—a decade in the making
- Corporate: Market Tracker Trend Report—AGM season 2017—what's new?
- Corporate crime: Taking on the pirates
- Corporate crime: Tesco faces £129m penalty following agreement with SFO
- Data protection: ICO issues more monetary penalty notices for direct marketing privacy breaches
- Dispute resolution: Compulsion to mediate—providing access to mandatory cross-border mediation services
- Dispute resolution: The scope of duty and liability of professionals
- Employment law: Mind the gender pay gap—are public sector employers ready?
- Employment law: No jurisdiction for unlawful deductions claim if contract to be construed
- Employment law: Redundancy: approach to be taken when assessing refusal of alternative employment
- Employment law: Tribunal holds that another cycle courier was a worker and entitled to holiday pay
- Gambling: Gambling industry urged to improve handling of consumer complaints
- Information technology: Digitalising the railway—exploring the viability of biometric ticketing
- IP & IT: Media plurality and the proposed Fox/Sky merger
- Privilege: The importance of legal professional privilege
- Product liability: European Commission consultation on the Product Liability Directive
- Public procurement: Court relies on new procurement Guidance Note in dealing with confidentiality issues
- Tax: Exploring Scotland’s new devolved tax powers
- Dates for your diary
- Useful information
Welcome to the weekly round-up of the latest key legal news stories, handpicked by the Lexis®PSL In-house team. We bring the key stories of the week together in one place so that you have the important developments set out in one email.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial