- Lexis®PSL In-house weekly highlights—23 March 2017
- In this issue:
- Headlines (News updates & analysis)
- Brexit: Constitutional requirements for Brexit—end of story?
- Competition law: European Commission proposes to make national competition authorities even more effective enforcers
- Construction law: Exploring the SCL’s revised Delay and Disruption Protocol
- Construction law: NEC4—what will the changes be?
- Consumer protection: Government publishes outcome of review on secondary ticketing
- Contracts: Effective service of default notices under a GMRA and GMSLA
- Corporate: New regulations expand corporate offences for businesses and directors
- Corporate: Takeover Appeal Board decision on Rangers International Football Club PLC and Mr King
- Corporate: UK Corporate Governance—under review
- Data protection: Barrister fined for security breach with client files
- Data protection: Council fined after disposing of sensitive case files to second-hand shop
- Data protection: Court of Appeal rules on case on subject access requests
- Data protection: Recruitment employee fined for theft of personal data
- Dispute resolution: Marathon 'jackpot claim' losers lose again on Part 36 costs
- Employment law: Guidance on dismissal of disabled employee for long-term sickness absence
- Employment law: The proper approach to the facts in Equality Act 2010 cases
- Environmental law: Thames Water fined record £20m for polluting River Thames
- Health and safety law: Interpreting the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Intellectual property: PRSfM defends ITV's annual licence fee appeal
- Pensions: Moving with the times—opening up the workplace NEST egg
- Property: Supreme Court dismisses appeal on damages against solicitors
- Public procurement: Public procurement and the transparency principles
- Social media: Tweets and defamation—libel in less than 140 characters
- Tax: Finance Bill 2017
- Tax: VAT due on full amount received by employment bureau for supply of staff
- Dates for your diary
- Useful information
Welcome to the weekly round-up of the latest key legal news stories, handpicked by the Lexis®PSL In-house team. We bring the key stories of the week together in one place so that you have the important developments set out in one email.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial