- Legitimate expectation, public officials and reliance on promises
- Original news
- What was the background of the case?
- What grounds did the authority raise in its appeal?
- How did the court address these issues?
- What lessons does the judgment provide?
Public Law analysis: How can a party succeed in a legitimate expectation claim? Adam Chapman, partner at Kingsley Napley, says the Court of Appeal recognised in a recent ruling that, as a matter of law, reliance on a promise was not pre-requisite for a successful legitimate expectation claim.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial