- Legal professional privilege and internal investigations—where now?
- In the light of recent cases, can internal investigation reports and witness statements be covered by LPP?
- How have we got to this position?
- In the case of a statement can legal advice privilege attach? Can the client company claim LPP in any event?
- What practical steps can practitioners take when conducting investigations into corporate criminal offences to protect investigation papers and reports?
- What is your prediction as to how the law on this area will develop?
Corporate Crime analysis: Following a number of key cases on legal professional privilege (LPP) and criminal investigations, Esther Schutzer-Weissmann, barrister, of 6KBW College Hill, explains the overall practical impact of the recent decisions on internal investigations.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial