- LBTT reliefs for authorised property investment funds—consultation
- Original news
- What is the background to this consultation?
- What does the consultation propose?
- How does LBTT apply to the initial seeding of a PAIF or CoACS and how is this different to the SDLT treatment?
- How does LBTT apply to the exchange of units in CoACS and how is this different to the SDLT treatment?
- Why is the SDLT and LBTT treatment different and why has it taken so long for the Scottish government to consider changing the LBTT regime?
- Do you see any issues with the proposal?
- Who is most likely to be affected?
Tax analysis: Isobel d’Inverno, head of corporate tax at Brodies LLP, discusses the recent consultation on the potential introduction of reliefs from land and buildings transaction tax (LBTT). This will bring parity with stamp duty land tax (SDLT) for certain authorised property investment funds.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial