- Landlord with break stuck with sub-tenant’s section 26 request (Fast Drinks v Cetyl)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What were the facts of the case?
- What is the law in this area?
- What were the main legal arguments arising?
- What did the court decide?
- How did the court reach the conclusion that there were cases where the proviso did not apply?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful?
- Case details
Property analysis: A sub-tenant’s request for a new tenancy under Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (LTA 1954), s 26 (section 26 request), specifying a commencement date before the existing contractual expiry date, was held to be valid where the sub-underlease had automatically terminated when the head landlord broke its lease.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial