- Keeping data safe—the Yahoo hack and the changing landscape of cybercrime
- Original news
- What is the background to this story?
- What is the context of this hack?
- Why is this hack particularly controversial and what are the commercial repercussions?
- What is the potential liability of Yahoo?
- The financial repercussions of the hack will be heavy. But what is the position in the UK?
- What should businesses consider in light of this hack and how will the General Data Protection Regulation change things?
IP & IT analysis: Yahoo recently revealed that it had been subjected to a large scale hack, compromising millions of email accounts. Megan Holden, solicitor at Shoosmiths, and Anastasia Fowle, a partner at the firm, explain what happened and consider the lessons which can be learned.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial