- Jurisdiction agreements and the Judgments Regulation
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- What did the Supreme Court decide?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- Are there still any grey areas or unresolved issues remaining that lawyers need to watch out for?
- What are the implications of the judgment and what will lawyers need to be mindful of when advising clients in this area?
- Are there any patterns or trends emerging in the law in this area?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Tom Whitehead, a barrister at Stone Chambers, analyses this leading case on art 27 of the Judgments Regulation and observes that there is a growing recognition of the need to uphold jurisdiction agreements.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial