- Issues relating to police injury pensions (R (on the application of Fisher) v Chief Constable of Northumbria)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What arguments were made by the parties and what did the court decide?
- Could any of the court's conclusions be challenged?
- What practical points can be drawn from the judgment by pension schemes, members and advisers?
Pensions analysis: An appeal against a review of a police injury pension raised interesting questions about uninjured earnings comparators and whether the date for reducing a pension takes effect from the date of the Police Medical Appeal Board’s (PMAB) decision or from the selected medical practitioner’s earlier decision. Mark Lake, a lawyer at Cartwright King specialising in police practice and advising on all aspects of injury pension awards, discusses the issues.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial