- Issues and challenges with the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
- Original news
- What is your view on the current criticisms of the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme?
- Just how complex and cumbersome is the scheme?
- What are the main risks and burdens for businesses?
- Who is currently caught by the CRC scheme?
- Is the current configuration of CRC already a carbon tax?
- Are cap and trade schemes viable in a global market? Can CRC remain as a credible ‘cap and trade’ scheme if the main global models are in disrepute?
- Is improved energy efficiency more likely to be achieved through incentive or compulsion?
Environment analysis: How is the CRC Efficiency Scheme developing? Tom Nolan, the British Chamber of Commerce policy adviser on energy and environmental issues, gives his view on the scheme and the issues involved.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial