- Is the legislative framework of online pharmacies fit for purpose?
- What are the licencing requirements which an online pharmacy has to satisfy in order to sell or distribute drugs/medicines?
- EU common logo
- What are the legal arguments for and against online pharmacies? Could a registered electronic database actually help prevent abuse of the system?
- If companies are found selling without a pharmacy licence or selling drugs that their licence does not permit them to, what enforcement action can be taken against them? How does this differ at all in relation to an online pharmacy?
- What kind of regulation is needed for online pharmacies to ensure maximum operational efficiency while guaranteeing the sale of genuine drugs/products?
- In your opinion where do you think regulation of the pharmaceutical industry is headed? Can we expect to see online orders becoming more accessible in order to counteract delays and increase competitiveness in the market?
IP & IT analysis: Conor Daly, barrister, pharmacist and partner at Rushport Advisory LLP, looks at the growth of online pharmacies and the legislative framework to ensure patient’s safety.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial