- Interpreting the reach of the Landlord and Tenant (Covenants) Act 1995 (EMI Group Ltd v O & H Q1 Ltd)
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- The parties have reached a settlement, but does this latest development leave uncertainties that many in the profession were hoping to have clarified by the Court of Appeal?
- What are the practical implications of all this for landlord and tenant professionals? What happens next?
- Are there any other points of interest worth mentioning here?
Property analysis: Matthew Phillips, partner in the property department at GSC Solicitors LLP, examines the settlement reached in EMI Group Ltd v O & H Q1 Ltd and suggests that the High Court decision re-imposes the burden of the tenant covenants on tenants who have assigned the lease to its guarantor, albeit with the landlord’s consent.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial