- International arbitration—a solution to diplomatic disputes?
- What is the background to this dispute? How did this come before an international arbitral tribunal?
- Under what circumstances can a state bring arbitral proceedings against another state under UNCLOS?
- Can inter-state arbitration be an effective political tool?
- Does this case raise any interesting issues in terms of the use of arbitration to settle state-state disputes?
Arbitration analysis: Can inter-state arbitration be an effective political tool? Sophie Lamb, partner, and Ciara Murphy, associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, look at why the case of Enrica Lexie has generated such political interest and controversy.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in with LexisNexis or register for a free trial