- Interim financial provision in international cases
- Original news
- What was the background to this case?
- What was the significance of the husband’s declaration of a ‘bare talaq’ for the wife’s application for financial relief?
- What factors did the court take into account?
- What should lawyers take from the case?
Family analysis: How does the validity of a divorce impact on a claim under Part III of the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984? John Nicholson, partner at Irwin Mitchell LLP, explains the issues involved in MET V HAT and advises lawyers with an international practice to take note of the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial