- Insolvency of registered providers of social housing
- What are the key features of housing administration?
- What are the objectives of the housing administrator and which objective takes priority?
- What powers are granted to the housing administrator to achieve their objectives?
- How does the interim moratorium under HPA 2016 differ from the usual interim administration moratorium under IA 1986?
- Is there an implementation date yet?
Restructuring and Insolvency analysis: The Housing and Planning Act 2016 introduces a range of housing and planning related reforms, including a special administration regime for registered providers of social housing at risk of insolvency proceedings, which places their affairs under the management of a housing administrator appointed by the court. Kate Cook, senior knowledge lawyer in the Housing Finance Team at Addleshaw Goddard LLP, discusses the key features and objectives of housing administration.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial