- Ineffective lease surrender had significant consequences (Co-Operative Bank v Hayes Freehold; Deutsche Bank v Sentrum)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area of law?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
Property analysis: The case of Co-Operative Bank v Hayes Freehold; Deutsche Bank v Sentrum offers a reminder of the importance of ensuring that the intended surrender of a lease will actually be effective, says Ben Valentin QC, of Fountain Court Chambers.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial