- Incentivising early guilty pleas
- Original news
- Why are the guidelines on the reduction of sentence for early guilty pleas being reviewed now?
- What are the main criticisms of the current reduction regime?
- What are the key proposals being considered?
- Do you think the proposals will work in practice?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the proposals?
Corporate Crime analysis: Joseph Kotrie-Monson, criminal defence solicitor and director at Mary Monson Solicitors, highlights the ethical and logistical implications of the Sentencing Council’s current consultation into early plea sentencing reductions.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial