- In brief—Supreme Court, Brussels I and tort claims (AMT Futures v Marzillier)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case ?
- What was this case about?
- What were the facts?
- Why was the appeal dismissed?
- Reference to the Court of Justice
- Case details
Dispute Resolution analysis: The Supreme Court unanimously dismissed an appeal brought on the interpretation of article 5.3 of Regulation (EC) 44/2001 (Brussels I) when dealing with inducement to breach an exclusive jurisdiction clause. Such claims will need to be brought in the Member State in which the inducement occurred, ie where proceedings were commenced in breach of the clause, and not in the Member State provided for in the exclusive jurisdiction clause.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial