- In Brief: ICSID tribunal awards damages to state and investor in Law 42 arbitration (Burlington Resources v Ecuador)
- Original news
- Why are these decisions of interest?
- What was the relevant background?
- In summary, what did the tribunal decide in the award?
- In summary, what did the tribunal decide in the environmental and infrastructure counterclaims decision?
- Tribunal and decision/award details
Arbitration analysis: On 7 February 2017, the tribunal in the long-running International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) arbitration proceeding between Burlington Resources (a ConocoPhillips subsidiary) and Ecuador issued (1) a decision on reconsideration and award on quantum and (2) a decision on Ecuador’s environmental and infrastructure counterclaims. In this article, we summarise the tribunal’s findings.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial