- In brief: extending time to appeal where the case is not properly pleaded (Dubai Islamic Bank v Psi Energy)
- Original news
- What should dispute resolution lawyers note?
- What was this case about?
- Why did the court decided that the matters had not been pleaded properly?
- What did the court say about lengthy applications for extensions of time for permission to appeal?
- Case details
Dispute Resolution analysis: In his decision on a renewed oral application for permission to appeal, Lord Justice Longmore considered the circumstances in which the court could be persuaded to grant a lengthy (two and a half year) extension of time and also whether it is sufficient to rely on a case which is put by passing reference to another party’s witness statement to give rise to grounds of appeal. Note, this appeal was heard in January 2017.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial