- Implications of the RICS Professional Statement on Service charges in Commercial Property
- Original news
- What is the significance of this development? What is the effect of it being a professional statement?
- What are the mandatory requirements?
- What are the changes from the third edition of the code?
- What are the practical implications of the change for practitioners? Should they be taking any action as a result?
- How does all this fit in with other developments in this area of law? What are the likely next steps or future developments?
Property analysis: Richard James, solicitor and legal director at Harold Benjamin Solicitors, considers the first edition of the RICS Professional Statement on Service Charges in Commercial Property (Statement). It replaces the existing RICS Service Charge Code.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial