- Implementing no fault divorce—the road ahead
- Briefly, what is the background to the Act?
- What are the main provisions of DDSA 2020 and what are the key changes that will arise as a result of the Act?
- What is the significance of the ‘notice period’, when does it run from and what concerns have been raised about this?
- Have any other concerns been raised regarding the new provisions?
Family analysis: Mena Ruparel MCIArb, consultant solicitor and co-chair of the Law Society Family Committee, discusses the next steps for the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Act 2020 (DDSA 2020), which received royal assent on 25 June 2020 after a long and tortuous passage through Parliament.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial