- Implementation concerns for MiFID II
- UK response to MiFID II legislative proposals
- House of Lords European Union Committee July 2012 Report
- Government response to House of Lords Report
- How UK concerns have been addressed in MiFID II
In October 2011, the EU Commission published proposals for a Regulation and a Directive on markets in financial instruments, commonly referred to as MiFID II. This followed a review of the original Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Directive 2004/39/EC) (MiFID), in force since November 2007. The final MiFID II Directive (Directive 2014/65/EU) and Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (Regulation EU/600/2014) (MiFIR) texts were published in the Official Journal of the EU on 12 June 2014 and entered into force 20 days later on 2 July 2014.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial