- ICSID—Spanish investor's claims inadmissible (Supervisión y Control v Costa Rica)
- Original news
- What are the key implications of the decision?
- Pragmatic approach to late filing
- What was the background to the dispute?
- What were the claimant's claims?
- Jurisdiction—what did the tribunal decide?
- Admissibility—what did the tribunal decide?
- Tribunal and award details
Arbitration analysis: In an award dated 18 January 2017, the majority tribunal in the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) arbitration proceeding between Supervisión y Control (the claimant) and Costa Rica (the respondent) found that it had jurisdiction over the dispute but rejected all of the claimant’s claims on the basis that they were inadmissible. In this article, we discuss the tribunal’s award.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial