- ICSID award no replacement for annulled OHADA award (Getma v Guinea)
- Original news
- What was the background to the dispute between Getma and Guinea?
- What happened in the commercial arbitration under the OHADA Rules?
- On what grounds did the CCJA annul the award in that arbitration?
- What did the ICSID tribunal decide about its jurisdiction and whether it should be extended following the annulment of the award in the commercial arbitration?
- What else did the ICSID tribunal decide?
- What practical lessons can be drawn from both the commercial and investment arbitrations?
Arbitration analysis: Dr Rémy Gerbay, of counsel at Enyo Law LLP and lecturer at Queen Mary, University of London, considers what lessons can be learnt from the complex parallel commercial and investment arbitrations in Getma v Guinea.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial