- ICO enforcement—2019 trends and 2020 predictions
- What were the most significant ICO enforcement actions of 2019 and lessons to be learned?
- What are the current enforcement focus areas the ICO has flagged?
- Future focus on ad-tech and cyber security
- What should lawyers prepare for watch out for regarding ICO enforcement in 2020? What should they be doing in anticipation?
- The ICO’s position outside of the EU
- Judgments will shape data protection laws
Corporate Crime analysis: The Information Commissioner’s Office’s (ICO) position as a regulator is uncertain in light of Brexit and the ever–changing landscape of data protection. Going into 2020, James McGachie, legal director, and Sami Qureshi, associate at DLA Piper, consider the ICO’s focuses, neutrality and how it will position itself as a regulator outside of the EU.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial