- Icelandic banks, jurisdiction and the Lugano Convention
- Original news
- How did the issue arise?
- Did the Credit Institutions Regulation apply?
- Were the English proceedings against Kaupthing stayed by virtue of the stay arising under Icelandic law?
- What guidance did the court give on claims directly derived from or closely connected to the winding up proceedings under the Lugano Convention?
- Did the proceedings fall within the Lugano Convention?
- What guidance did the court give on the relationship between the Lugano Convention and the Credit Institutions Regulations?
- What are the practical lessons for parties subject to cross-border litigation?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: What should lawyers take from the latest decision in the ongoing Kaupthing litigation? Lydia Pemberton, barrister at St Philips Chambers, considers the judgment of Mrs Justice Carr dealing with the application of the Insolvency Regulations and the Lugano Convention.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial