- How will Brexit impact the UK’s climate change policy?
- What is the background leading to the commission of the report ‘Leaving the EU: negotiation priorities for energy and climate change policy’?
- What does the report recommend with regard to membership of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)?
- What other recommendations are made with regard to climate change policy?
- What concerns are highlighted with regard to the UK becoming a ‘rule taker’?
- Is there anything else in the report of interest to environmental lawyers?
Environment analysis: Steven McNab, partner and head of the environment and climate change practice at Simmons & Simmons, and Sarah-Jane Denton, consultant in the environment and climate change group also at Simmons & Simmons, discuss a recent report on the EU’s energy and climate policy and point out that a disproportionately large amount of UK environmental legislation is based on or derived from EU law and its extraction is expected to be complex.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial