- How useful is EIOPA's guidance on insurance intermediaries' complaints handling?
- Original news
- What are the key points raised by the guidance?
- How helpful is the guidance in clarifying what insurance intermediaries need to do in order to ensure they comply with their obligations relating to internal systems and controls for complaints handling?
- Has anything been missed, or is anything in need of further clarification?
- What are the implications for lawyers and their clients?
- Are there any trends emerging in the law in this area?
Financial Services analysis: Is a proportionate approach to complaints involving insurance intermediaries achievable? Chris Finney, partner at Edwards Wildman Palmer says the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) guidance is high level and ambiguously drafted.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial