- How to establish jurisdiction in Scottish insolvency cases (Bank Leumi (UK) plc, petitioner)
- Original news
- What is the background to the case and issues within it that are pertinent to insolvency professionals?
- What were the main legal arguments raised?
- What did the judge decide, and why?
- What are the practical implications for insolvency lawyers advising their clients?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- To what extent is the judgment unhelpful, and what practical lessons are there to be learned?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Ben Zielinski, senior associate at Shoosmiths, considers the decision in Bank Leumi (UK) plc, petitioner. He says the decision provides a helpful clarification that a company’s centre of main interests (COMI) is irrelevant to determine territorial jurisdiction.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial