- Horizontal fracking and the shale gas industry
- What is the background to the appeal?
- What is horizontal fracking and are there any additional concerns related to it, such as environmental concerns?
- What were the findings on appeal?
- Could there be any further challenge to the decision? If so, what form is this challenge likely to take and how long is the process likely to last? How likely is it to be successful?
- What might the implications be for other potential fracking sites and fracking projects generally?
- Was there anything interesting in the appeal decision that planning committees should be aware of?
Environment analysis: The government has given horizontal fracking the ‘all clear’ in a recent reversal on appeal in Lancashire. Chris Hilson, a professor of law at the University of Reading, discusses some of the issues that arise out of this latest development.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial