- HMRC launches call for evidence on designing a new stamp taxes framework
- What is the background to this call for evidence?
- Why is HMRC launching this review now?
- What is this call for evidence trying to achieve and what does it ask for views on?
- When are we likely to see any fundamental change to the system and what are the next steps in the process?
- Can you see any issues with a combined and modernised stamp duty and SDRT regime?
Tax analysis: Michael Quinlan, barrister, specialising in stamp taxes at Temple Tax Chambers looks at the background behind HMRC’s proposal to modernise the stamp duty system and whether there are any anticipated issues or problems with modernising the system.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial