- Highlighting the importance of a child’s welfare
- Original news
- What was the background to this case?
- What were the key issues before the court?
- What does this judgment mean in terms of the presumption of natural parent care?
- How were costs approached in this case?
- Does this judgment highlight any developing trends?
Family analysis: Melanie Johnson, barrister at 1 Pump Court, examines Re E-R and explains how it highlights that the welfare of the child should be the court’s paramount consideration in Children Act 1989 (ChA 1989) proceedings.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial