- High Court considers vaccinations and the court’s inherent jurisdiction (London Borough of Barnet v AL and others)
- Original news
- What is the background to the case?
- What issues did the case raise?
- What were the main arguments put forward?
- What did the judge decide and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
Family analysis: The Family Division granted a local authority’s application to vaccinate a baby against its mother’s wishes. Charlotte Georges, barrister at the 36 Group, who was junior counsel for the local authority, comments on what lessons family practitioners can learn from the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial