- High Court considers meaning of ‘useful purpose’ in TCPA 1990, s 106A when deciding whether to discharge a planning obligation (Mansfield District Council v SCLG)
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What was the legal background?
- What was the factual background?
- What did the court decide?
- Case details
Planning analysis: In R (on the application of Mansfield District Council) v Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government the High Court held that the terms of a planning obligation entered into under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (TCPA 1990) could be enforced by Mansfield District Council (the Council) where public money had been expended in building a road to make a site a candidate for development despite the development not coming forward.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial