- High Court allows late amendment to statement of case due to late disclosure (First Personnel Services v Halfords)
- Original news
- What was the background to the decision?
- What was the basis for the decision on the breach of standard disclosure?
- What was the significance of late disclosure on the court’s decision to grant permission to amend Halfords’ defence and counterclaim?
- What other factors were considered?
- What were the court’s findings in relation to the application for a split trial?
- What are the practical implications of this case?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Aidan Casey QC and Tom Poole, both of 3 Hare Court, London (instructed by Pinsent Masons LLP for the defendant), reflect on a recent decision which considered an application to amend consequent upon a failure to provide standard disclosure, and assess the practical implications of the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial