- Heathrow challenge struck out pending adoption and publication of NPS
- Original news
- What is the significance of the decision in terms of potential challenges to NPSs?
- What is the legislative background to the case?
- What was the factual background to the case?
- Why did the court strike out the challenge?
- What happens next for the Heathrow expansion?
Planning Analysis: In Hillingdon v DfT, a challenge to the Secretary of State’s decision to include a proposal for a third runway at Heathrow Airport in a draft National Policy Statement (NPS) was struck out. The court confirmed that under section 13 of the Planning Act 2008 (PA 2008), it had no jurisdiction to hear the claim.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial