- Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements—will anything change?
- What are key features within the Convention which a practitioner should note?
- What contracts does the Convention apply to?
- What legal effect does the Convention have?
- How will the Convention and Brussels I (recast) interact? Are any problems anticipated?
- What impact will this have outside the EU and is there any information on whether other countries may now sign up and ratify the convention given that it is finally coming into force?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements (the Convention) is due to come into force on 1 October 2015. Jonathan Smart, dispute resolution and compliance lawyer at Shoosmiths, along with Paul Eccles, partner and head of commercial insurance at the firm, explain its implications and key features.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial