- Guide to the draft Mental Health Bill
- Tighter detention criteria
- Replacing the nearest relative
- Requirements for compulsory medical treatment
- Right to statutory care and treatment plans
- Access to independent mental health advocates (IMHAs)
- Shortened detention periods
- Mental health tribunal access
- Tightened criteria for community treatment orders (CTOs)
- People with a learning disability and autistic people
- Section 117 services
- Patients in the criminal justice system
- Places of safety restricted
Local Government analysis: Tim Spencer-Lane of the Government Legal Department (Department of Health and Social Care) sets out how new legislation would reform the Mental Health Act 1983 (MeHA 1983), including changes to the safeguards and support received by patients.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in with LexisNexis or register for a free trial