- Gratuitous alienations before the Supreme Court
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the issue the court had to decide?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- To what extent will the English courts be bound by the decision when considering cases concerning transactions at an undervalue under IA 1986, s 238?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from the case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: The Supreme Court's finding in Stonegale Ltd v Brown that transfers of properties by Scottish companies which later went into administration were gratuitous alienations is explained by advocate Susan Ower, of Axiom Advocates.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial