- Going, going, gone—how do green energy auctions work?
- Original news
- What are green energy auctions/CfD auctions and how do they work?
- Electricity Market Reform (EMR) and the background to CfD
- CfD allocation oversight and budgetary limits
- CfD eligibility criteria
- CfD allocation process
- CfD auction characteristics
- What are the pros and cons of competitive green energy auctions?
- Which projects and organisations have been offered contracts? Have certain technologies been favoured?
- What lessons can be learned from this first auction and will we see more of these?
- Likelihood of more auctions
- Commons Energy and Climate Change Committee Report
- What should lawyers advising in this area take note of and what should they advise their clients?
- Judicial review
- European intervention
- Post-general election policy
Environment analysis: What are green energy auctions and how are they working in practice? Tim Pugh, partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, considers the pros and cons of green energy and contracts for difference (CfD) auctions.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial