- Global Britain—Brexit and the customs union (part two)
- How does the EU customs union operate? What is its scope?
- What is the UK’s current negotiating approach in regard to the customs union?
- What are the implications of leaving the customs union?
- What would remaining within the customs union mean for the Department for International Trade’s plans for negotiating trade deals with third countries?
- What are the options in regard to a new bespoke arrangement? What would this mean for UK trade in goods and services? Could it follow a sector by sector approach?
Public Law analysis: Lourdes Catrain and Eleni Theodoropoulou of Hogan Lovells, Brussels, further examine how the EU customs union works in practice and looks at some of the UK’s trade options and considerations outside the customs union.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial