- Getting the message out—political broadcasting in the UK
- What are the rules around political broadcasting?
- How are PPBs, PEBs and RCBs allocated? Are there any restraints on what the political broadcasts can be used for?
- What, if any, editorial control do Channel 4 and the BBC have over content of political broadcasts?
- With the fractured nature of the EU referendum campaigns, how will the broadcast slots be allocated?
- If content in a political broadcast was held to be defamatory or inaccurate who would be liable?
Public Law analysis: Ahead of the EU referendum, Paul Herbert, partner at Goodman Derrick, outlines the limits imposed on political broadcasting in the UK and looks at the liability incurred by broadcasters should the content be considered to contravene the guidelines.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial