- Future Telecoms Infrastructure Review—key points and analysis
- Original news
- What are the major goals identified by the review?
- What short-term changes can we expect to see?
- What are the longer-term changes planned and what legislative proposals may emerge?
- Gigabit-capable connectivity
- Broadband universal service
- Deployment barriers and reducing costs
- Easy access to passive infrastructure
- Stable and long-term regulation
- Switchover process to increase demand
TMT analysis: On 23 July 2018, Jeremy Wright the new Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) published the long-awaited ‘Future Telecoms Infrastructure Review’. Paul Graham, Head of Telecoms at FieldFisher, examines the review’s recommendations before outlining the key areas underpinning the potential success or failure of the UK government’s strategy.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial