- Funding divorce—a risky future?
- What has led to the growth of divorce financing in the UK?
- How does divorce financing operate? What is the difference between lending money to fund a case, and investing in a case?
- What terms are offered to those seeking finance?
- How is the relationship between law firms and financiers structured?
- What rules/laws govern the lending of money for the purpose of divorce litigation?
- What are the risks for financiers/borrowers?
Family analysis: What’s the future for divorce financing? Emma Leavesley, solicitor and mediator at Herrington Carmichael, and Liz Cowell, principal lawyer at Slater & Gordon, comment on the reality of divorce financing and the risks for all those involved.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial