- France relaxes rules on direct lending to businesses
- What does this announcement mean for the direct lending market in Europe?
- What approach to direct lending has France taken?
- How is the authorisation/regulation structured?
- Could this influence other Member States to adopt a similar approach?
- What does this mean for the UK? Could UK companies access French direct lending?
- Are there risks that this opening up of direct lending could strengthen the shadow banking sector?
Banking & Finance analysis: France’s financial watchdog, l’Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) has announced the outcome of its consultation launched on 4 December 2015 on the ability of certain investment funds to carry out direct lending to businesses. Baptiste Gelpi, partner at Hogan Lovells in Paris, takes us through the proposals.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial