- Forum conveniens—common issues of fact and location of evidence (Deutsche Bank v CIMB Bank)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What were the facts?
- Relevance of the timing of the different proceedings
- Should the proceedings be stayed due to common facts?
- What was the relevance of the location of the evidence?
- Case details
Dispute Resolution analysis: Teare J refused an application to stay English court proceedings. Banking law and its impact on contractual relationships was important as was the location of the evidence. In addition, where English and foreign court proceedings are dealing with common issues of fact this will not automatically result in a stay of proceedings, the court will consider the circumstances of the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial