- Foreseeability in road traffic accidents
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the issue before the Court of Appeal? What did the claimant argue?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide and why?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area, and to what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
Personal Injury analysis: To what degree must drivers anticipate the actions of other road users? Personal injury specialist Niall Maclean, of 12 King’s Bench Walk, examines the Court of Appeal’s recent decision on this subject in Scott v Gavigan.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial