- Foreign proceedings—when can courts grant a Norwich Pharmacal order? (Ramilos Trading Ltd v Buyanovsky)
- Original news
- What is the significance of this decision?
- What was the factual background to the application and underlying dispute?
- What were the main issues for the judge to determine?
- What did the judge decide?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful or unhelpful in clarifying the scope of Norwich Pharmacal orders and the circumstances in which they may be granted?
- Do you have any predictions for the future in relation to the scope and use of Norwich Pharmacal orders?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Jeffrey Chapman QC and Richard Power of Fountain Court Chambers, who were counsel for the respondent in Ramilos Trading Ltd v Buyanovsky, discuss a High Court decision that an applicant cannot be granted a Norwich Pharmacal order to obtain evidence for use in foreign proceedings.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial