- Fixed costs—has the time come?
- Briefly, what is the background to the new fixed costs regime?
- What exactly is being proposed? Are there any concerns about the new regime?
- Is the traditional retainer between a solicitor and client a bar to the access to justice?
- What about the risk of satellite litigation?
- Is the time now?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Following Lord Justice Jackson’s lecture in January 2016 proposing extensions to the fixed costs regime, Rebecca Young, an associate in the dispute resolution team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers’ Manchester office, looks ahead and considers whether fixed (or capped) costs are inevitable, could lead to further satellite litigation and are in the best interests of clients.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial